The Referral Rewards program (“Program”) is designed to provide you with additional opportunities to build personal wealth. You identify and sponsor other real estate professionals who you believe would benefit from being affiliated with the world-renowned Coldwell Banker® brand and its extensive tools, resources, technologies and network. By participating in the Program, you agree that the Terms below (“Program Terms”) govern with respect to your participation.
“CBRE” – Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC, the franchisor of the Coldwell Banker franchising system.
“Coldwell Banker Office” – an office in the Coldwell Banker System (U.S. only), including Company-Owned Offices and independently owned and operated Coldwell Banker franchised offices.
“Company-Owned Office” – A Coldwell Banker Office that is owned or operated, directly or indirectly, by Anywhere Advisors LLC (formerly known as Realogy Brokerage Group LLC).
“Eligible Recruit” – A licensed real estate agent who has not, at any time within the six-month (6) period preceding his or her affiliation date with a Coldwell Banker Office, been licensed and affiliated with or employed by either (i) any residential or commercial franchisee of the Coldwell Banker System or (ii) any franchisee of an Anywhere Advisors LLC (formerly known as Realogy Group LLC) brand (e.g., CENTURY 21®, Better Homes & Gardens® Real Estate, ERA®, Corcoran®, Sotheby’s International Realty®) including, but not limited to, any brokerage operated by Anywhere Advisors LLC (formerly known as Realogy Brokerage Group LLC). The only exception is when an agent affiliated with a Coldwell Banker company is relocating to a different geographic area. In such case, the affiliated Coldwell Banker agent may qualify as an Eligible Recruit under the Program if (i) their new Coldwell Banker Office location is a minimum of 100 miles from the prior office and the new office location is not owned by the same company as the prior office and (ii) there are no office locations owned by the same company as the prior office within 50 miles of the new office location.
“Qualified Referral” – In order for a referral to qualify as a Qualified Referral under the Program the following steps must be completed in accordance with the Program Terms: i) the Sponsoring Agent(s) must (a) identify the Eligible Recruit and access a unique link via the Program tile on Desk, (b) complete the Sponsoring Agent section of the Electronic Referral Reward Interest Form (“Interest Form”) and then send the link to the Eligible Recruit, and (ii) the Eligible Recruit must complete and submit the Interest Form prior to the Recruit who is being licensed and affiliated with any Coldwell Banker Office.
“Sponsoring Agent” – An individual who has an active real estate license and is affiliated, or (in limited circumstances) employed by, a Company Owned Office and who makes a Qualified Referral of an Eligible Recruit who becomes a Recruited Agent in accordance with these Program Terms.
“Co-Sponsoring Agent” – Up to two (2) Sponsoring Agents may sponsor the same Recruited Agent provided both Sponsoring Agents are identified on the Interest Form submitted by the Eligible Recruit. Any Referral Rewards Commission Payments will be split evenly (50/50) between the Co-Sponsoring Agents.
“Recruited Agent” – An Eligible Recruit who becomes licensed and affiliated with a Coldwell Banker Office within one hundred eighty (180) days of the Eligible Recruit’s submission of the Interest Form and is accurately and timely entered into Coldwell Banker’s electronic reporting system (currently Dash) or a Company-Owned Office’s system (currently Trident) (collectively referred to herein as the “Coldwell Banker Reporting System”).
“Recruited Agent Team Member” – Any Recruited Agent who becomes a member of a team at the time of affiliation with a Company-Owned Office or Coldwell Banker Office or any time thereafter.
“Referral Rewards Commission Payment” – Payment from the Sponsoring Agent’s participating Coldwell Banker Office based on a percentage of the Recruited Agent’s adjusted gross income (“Recruited Agent’s AGCI”). For purposes of this Program, the Recruited Agent’s AGCI is the Gross Commission Income on eligible, closed transactions as recorded in Coldwell Banker Reporting System (currently Trident), less any referral fees due or paid to another broker or entity.
For Recruited Agent Team Members, the Recruited Agent’s AGCI, for purposes of calculating any Commission Referral Rewards Commissions Payment, will mean only that portion of the commission that is shown or attributed in the Coldwell Banker Reporting System as actually being paid to the Recruited Agent Team Member in the transaction.
• The Program allows a Sponsoring Agent the opportunity to earn unlimited Referral Reward Commission Payments on the eligible, closed transactions of one or more Recruited Agents, provided that you are not subject to any non-solicit or other agreement that prohibits your recruitment of any such agent.
• Referral Rewards Commission Payments to a Sponsoring Agent shall automatically cease upon the disaffiliation of either the Sponsoring Agent or the Recruited Agent for any reason.
• If there is a dispute over who will be deemed to be the Sponsoring Agent(s) for a Recruited Agent, the Sponsoring Agent(s) identified on the completed Interest Form that was first submitted by the Eligible Recruit will be deemed the Sponsoring Agent(s), provided all other Program criteria have been met.
• Sponsoring Agents who transfer to referral-only status with Coldwell Banker Realty Referral Network will retain their Sponsoring Agent status and remain eligible to receive Referral Rewards Commission Payments in accordance with these Program Terms.
• If a Co-Sponsoring Agent disaffiliates from the Company-Owned Office for any reason, the remaining Co-Sponsoring Agent will continue to receive 50% of the Referral Rewards Commission Payments but will not be eligible to receive the 50% share of the disaffiliated Co-Sponsoring Agent, which share will automatically terminate upon the departing Co-Sponsoring Agent’s disaffiliation.
• Referral Rewards Commission Payments (or any alleged rights to any future Referral Rewards Commission Payments) cannot be assigned, pledged, hypothecated or sold by the Sponsoring Agent.
• Employees who receive W2 earnings from their existing Anywhere Brands or Anywhere Advisors LLC company for more than 20 hours of work per week (regardless of licensure status) are not eligible to participate in the Referral Rewards program but may be eligible to refer agents through the Employee Sponsoring Sales Associates (ESSA) Program.
• Employees who receive W2 earnings from their existing Anywhere Brands or Anywhere Advisors LLC company for 20 or fewer hours of work per week may be eligible for the Referral Rewards program if their job responsibilities do not include recruiting activities.
• A Sponsoring Agent who places their license with the Coldwell Banker Realty Referral Network and who refers an agent from a non-Anywhere Brands/Anywhere Advisors LLC company is eligible to participate in the Referral Rewards program unless such Sponsoring Agent is a benefit-eligible W2 employee with the company (works more than 20 hours per week).
• Agents who place their license with the Coldwell Banker Realty Referral Network are already considered to be associated with an Anywhere Advisors company and therefore are not eligible to become a Recruited Agent through Referral Rewards.
• A Recruited Agent who transfers to referral-only status will remain eligible for the Program and the Sponsoring Agent will continue to receive the Referral Rewards Commission Payments for that individual.
• Sponsoring an agent onto a team is permitted through the program. See the FAQ’s team-related section for more information.
The Referral Process
• A Sponsoring Agent makes a Qualified Referral of an Eligible Recruit when the Sponsoring Agent satisfies the criteria set forth in the definition of “Qualified Referral.”
• The Interest Form can be accessed on Desk. If there are Co-Sponsoring Agents, both must be identified on the Interest Form at the time it is submitted to the Eligible Recruit.
• Once generated by the Sponsoring Agent, the Interest Form link will be active for a period of 180 days. If the Eligible Recruit does not submit the Interest Form prior to affiliation with a Coldwell Banker Office, and before 180 days after activation, the link will deactivate and no longer be valid. In that event, the Sponsoring Agent may generate a new Interest Form link and begin the process anew, subject to these Program Terms.
• There is no minimum or maximum number of Eligible Recruits a Sponsoring Agent can refer through the Program.
The Referral Benefit
• Referral Rewards Commission Payments for a Recruited Agent of a Company-Owned Office will be equal to two percent (2%) of the Recruited Agent’s AGCI for the two-year period following the Recruited Agent’s date of affiliation and one percent (1%) thereafter.
• Referral Rewards Commission Payments for a Recruited Agent of a Coldwell Banker Office will be equal to 1% of the Recruited Agent’s AGCI from the Recruited Agent’s date of affiliation.
• Referral Rewards Commission Payments paid to the Sponsoring Agent do not count toward level earnings or awards but do count toward IRS 1099 or W-2 earnings (as applicable).
• The Sponsoring Agent or Recruited Agent remains eligible to participate in the Program until the Sponsoring Agent or Recruited Agent is no longer associated with a participating Coldwell Banker company for any reason. Referral Rewards Commission Payments cannot be transferred to another agent under any circumstance. In the event a Co-Sponsoring Agent disassociates, the remaining Co-Sponsoring Agent will continue to receive their own portion of the Referral Rewards Commission Payments. In other words, the remaining Co-Sponsoring Agent will not receive the disassociated Co-Sponsoring Agent’s portion of the Referral Rewards Commission Payments.
• Sponsoring Agents will receive an email from Coldwell Banker notifying them that an eligible transaction was closed by a Recruited Agent and when they can expect to receive a Referral Rewards Commission Payment.
Program Effective Period
• The Program may be modified or discontinued at any time with written notice to Sponsoring Agents (“Notice”). In the event of a modification, the modification shall take effect (a) immediately for all Recruited Agents affiliated after such Notice and (b) within 30 days after the Notice for all Recruited Agents affiliated prior to such Notice. If the Program is discontinued, such discontinuance shall take effect immediately, provided, however, that Sponsoring Agents will continue to receive Referral Reward Commission Payments for a period of 30 days after the Notice.
• CBRE and Anywhere Advisors LLC shall not in any way be deemed or considered an employer, joint employer or joint venturer of any Sponsoring Agent in connection with the Program and, to the maximum extent allowable by law, Sponsoring Agent holds CBRE and Anywhere Advisors LLC and its subsidiaries, parent and related entities, and their respective employees, officers and directors, harmless from any claims or charges that allege employer, joint employer or joint venturer liability or that in any way relate to, or arising out of, a participating Coldwell Banker Office’s failure to pay Sponsoring Agent any Referral Rewards Commission Payments.