Referral Rewards Program
- Identify, recruit and register new independent sales associates for the opportunity to earn unlimited referral fee commission.
- Sales associates are not eligible to be recruited as part of this program if they have been associated with a Realogy company within the the past six months, unless they are currently associated with a Realogy Brokerage Group company in another market and are relocating.
- Referral Rewards earnings will be equal to 2% of the recruited sales associate’s gross commission income (GCI) per year on transactions that close during the two-year period following the recruited sales associate’s date of association. Beginning in the third year, the sponsoring sales associate will earn the equivalent of 1% of the recruited sales associate’s GCI on all closed deals until either sales associate is no longer associated with a participating Realogy Brokerage Group company (Coldwell Banker Realty, Coldwell Banker Commercial, or Sotheby’s International Realty) for any reason.
- The sponsoring (or co-sponsoring*) sales associate must complete and sign the registration form identifying the recruited sales associate and submit to the office manager or staff. Office manager/staff should immediately forward to the destination office/manager.
- *In the event an agent is referred by two sponsoring sales associates, the two sponsoring sales associates will split the referral commission. Both sponsoring agents need to complete the referral paperwork, and the recruited sales associate needs to acknowledge both sponsoring sales associates when completing the authorization form with the manager.
- Form/registration submission:
- Step 1: The destination branch manager will complete and sign the registration form.
- Step 2: The destination branch manager will have the recruited sales associate sign the registration form.
- Step 3: The destination branch office/staff shall submit the completed form to licensing.
- Step 4: Referral registration form must be submitted to licensing by the date that the recruited sales associate affiliates with the company.
- There is no limit to the number of sales associates the sponsoring sales associate can recruit through this program.
- Recruits onto teams are eligible. See the FAQ’s team-related section for more information.
- Employees who receive W2 earnings for 20 or more hours of work per week (regardless of licensure status) are not eligible to participate in the Referral Rewards program but may be eligible to refer sales associates through the Employee Sponsoring Sales Associates (ESSA) Program.
- Employees who receive W2 earnings for less than 20 hours of work per week may be eligible for the Referral Rewards program if their job responsibilities do not include recruiting activities.
- A sponsoring sales associate who places their license with the Coldwell Banker Realty Referral Network and recruits a sales associate from a non-Realogy/Realogy Brokerage Group company is eligible to participate in the Referral Rewards program unless the sponsoring sales associate is a benefit eligible W2 employee with the company (works 20 or more hours per week).
- Sales associates who place their license with the Coldwell Banker Realty Referral Network are already considered to be associated with a Realogy Brokerage Group company and therefore are not eligible to become a recruited sales associate through Referral Rewards.
- Recruited sales associates who transfer to referral-only status will be removed from the program and the sponsoring sales associate will no longer be eligible to receive the Referral Rewards program benefit for that individual.
- Referral fee commissions paid to the sponsoring sales associate do not count toward level earnings or awards but do count toward IRS 1099 earnings.
- This program terminates when one of the sales associates (sponsoring or recruited) is no longer associated with a participating Realogy Brokerage Group company for any reason. Referral Rewards cannot be transferred to another sales associate under any circumstance. In the event a co-sponsoring sales associate disassociates, the remaining sponsor will continue to receive their own portion of the rewards (the remaining sponsor will not receive the disassociated sponsor’s portion of the rewards).
- All self-generated and company-generated business conducted by the recruited sales associate will be eligible for Referral Rewards unless there is a referral fee due to another source. This includes the recruited sales associate’s GCI earned on sales and leasing transactions.
- Participants may sponsor sales associates affiliated with participating Realogy Brokerage Group companies in different markets as recruit candidates in the program, as well as sales associates from all other non-Realogy associated brokerages in any market.
- Recruits who are sales associates affiliated with any Realogy-branded associated brokerages (including Century 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial, ERA®, Sotheby’s®, and Better Homes and Gardens®) or with another Realogy Brokerage Group company in the same market are not eligible to be part of this program.
- Sales associates affiliated with a participating Realogy Brokerage Group company who have mentored a newly affiliated sales associate and did not complete the Referral Rewards application process prior to the recruited sales associate’s affiliation with the company; and/or who were not responsible for the recruitment of the sales associate to affiliate with the company, will not be eligible for Referral Rewards payments for that sales associate.
- Sponsoring sales associates must be enrolled in direct deposit in order to receive Referral Rewards payments.
- Questions about the program or eligibility should be directed to the office manager or your local ICR representative.
Coldwell Banker’s Referral Rewards Program is truly great. It’s an unexpected gift that gives you a reason to celebrate a new sales associate’s success and the greatness of this business.
I’ve used the Referral Rewards Program twice and have had a great experience both times. It’s a win-win situation when I’m able to help recruit a new sales associate to the office by serving as a resource to help them get started with Coldwell Banker, and once they’ve achieved success in the business, I receive a financial reward. I recommend the program 100% and hope to be able to use it again soon.
What I value the most about the Referral Rewards Program is that I have the opportunity to help bring in top-producing sales associates to Coldwell Banker, a company that provides top-notch training to make sure its sales associates are equipped with the best tools in the industry. I am always looking to help recruit good, strong professionals to our office in order to strengthen our business and help increase our exposure, market share and productivity in locations where we may not have a strong presence. Receiving income from recruiting a new sales associate is an added benefit from participating in this program.
We’re here to help answer your questions.
Questions regarding the Sales Associate Referral Rewards program can be directed to the local office manager.